The machine and fabrication shops are clustered under one building and comprise five workshops; metal cutting shop, metal forming and joining (welding) shop, spray painting and assembly shop, and metrology laboratory.
The workshops have the following capabilities:
• Machining (turning, milling, boring, drilling) of intricate parts of different materials.
• Cutting gears of different sizes (diameters and modules).
• Bending, rolling and forming metals of different sizes.
• Welding metals using; arc welding, MIG (CO2) welding, oxy –acetylene welding
• Panel beating of heavily damaged vehicles and equipment.
• Lathe machines with bigger “centre to centre and swing over bed” capacity.
• Vertical lathe machines.
• Copy lathe machines.
• CNC lathe machines.
• Six spindle lathe machines.
• Conventional milling machines and Milling centres
Metal Cutting (boring) Process